Note that these include only fleet races.
The largest winning margins in 2015
In absolute time the largest margins were:
- aner59 by 02:02:41 in Christmas to Christmas 2015 after sailing 16 days 09:26:04
- karriv by 01:24:10 in Beru to Bora Bora after sailing 8 days 19:26:37
- rumskib by 00:53:27 in SWR2014-2015 Leg 3 - Abu Dhabi to Sanya after sailing 24 days 09:59:59
That's right, only two races from all races run last year were won by over 1 hour margin.
The largest winning margins in percentages were:
As these numbers compare the winners margin to second place, I additionally looked how tight the top-10 was. These races have the biggest margin between 1st and 10th in absolute time or in percetages:
- VanIsle 360 2015 with 10:27:25 difference after 8 days 11:59:53 sailing
- The Tall Ships Races 2015 - Race 1 - Belfast to Aalesund with 5.89% difference after 3 days 22:49:51 sailing
The tightest finishes in 2015
In absolute time:
- WINSTON_4 by 0.023s after sailing 12:08:26 in AGage 50
- karaoke by 0.073s after sailing 09:41:10 in SSANZ Safety at Sea Two-Handed Triple Series 2015 - Race 2
- robert1 by 0.212s after sailing 04:33:56 in Canna to Eigg RTI SPRINT 2015
Overall, 5 races were won by margin less than one second and 21 races with margin less than 10 seconds.
- WINSTON_4 by 0.000052% after sailing 12:08:26 in AGage 50 (winning margin 0.023s)
- karaoke by 0.000208% after sailing 09:41:10 in SSANZ Safety at Sea Two-Handed Triple Series 2015 - Race 2 (winning margin 0.073s)
- Exmeromotu by 0.001009% after sailing 20 days 14:40:57 in SWR2014-2015 Leg 4 - Sanya to Auckland (winning margin 18 seconds)
Comparing to last year competition in sprint races has become more tight if possible.
The tightest fleet top-10's were:
- Carcass to Beaver Sprint 2015 with top-10 in just 8 seconds after sailing 05:00:46, this was also in percentages tightest in top-10 (0.044%)
- SWR 2014-2015 - Leg 7 - Newport to Lisbon had the second tightest top-10 in percentages. After sailing 8 days 08:51:31 first ten boats came within 9 minutes 27 seconds (0.078%)