The largest winning margins in 2014
In absolute time the largest margins are:
- Gilles by 12:29:57 in SWR2014-2015 Leg 2 - Cape Town to Abu Dhabi after sailing 24 days 20:32:51
- karaoke by 02:14:47 in Finland-Sweden Archipelago Raid 2014 after sailing 3 days 09:13:59
- outlaw by 01:53:25 in Sailonline RTW 2014 - Leg 4 - New Zealand to Uruguay after sailing 19 days 12:55:27
The largest winning margins in percentages are:
- karaoke by 2.77% in Finland-Sweden Archipelago Raid 2014 with margin of 02:14:47 after sailing 3 days 09:13:59
- Gilles by 2.10% in SWR2014-2015 Leg 2 - Cape Town to Abu Dhabi with margin of 12:29:57 after sailing 24 days 20:32:51
- outlaw by 1.75% in Orno Runt - Saturday 11 January 2014 with margin of 00:02:30 after sailing 02:22:19
Overall, Gilles' win was also the largest winning margin ever in SOL in absolute time but in percentages WINSTON_4's win in Sail Around Turkey 2013 was 3.00% faster than the next best time with winning margin of 04:20:33 after 6 days 00:56:45 sail time.
The tightest finishes in 2014
In absolute time:
- JakeS by 0.026s in Cuba Infinity 2 - Sunday, 9 March 2014 after sailing 03:36:43
- Lou by 0.087s in Tiree to Cairn of Coli Sprint 2014 after sailing 03:07:23
- GREATSKUA by 0.412s in Moheli Sprint 2014 Redux after sailing 03:38:49
- JakeS by 0.0002% Cuba Infinity 2 - Sunday, 9 March 2014
- Lou by 0.0007% in Tiree to Cairn of Coli Sprint 2014
- tejo by 0.0023% in Cyclades Volcano Run 2014 by winning margin of 1.65s after sailing 19:37:25
Overall, JakeS holds the record of the tightest finish ever in SOL both timewise and in percentage with that win in Cuba Infinity 2.
Longest races in 2014
- SWR2014-2015 Leg 1 - Alicante to Cape Town took 27 days 17:15:24
- SWR2014-2015 Leg 2 - Cape Town to Abu Dhabi took 24 days 20:32:51
- Sailonline RTW 2014 - Leg 2 - Uruguay to Australia took 24 days 16:02:21
The overall longest race in SOL so far is Record Gold Run NYC - SFO which took 39 days 09:28:40 for Gilles to win it.